8 | VCU Life Sciences
Select a stop:
Listen to your tour guide
In 2001, VCU began a universitywide initiative called VCU Life Sciences, combining the resources and interests of not only the Monroe Park Campus and the MCV Campus, but also the Virginia BioTechnology Research Park and the Inger and Walter Rice Center for Environmental Life Sciences.
Eugene P. and Lois E. Trani Center for Life Sciences
Northwest corner of Cary and Harrison streets
The $27 million, 132,000-square-foot Eugene P. and Lois E. Trani Center for Life Sciences houses the Department of Biology, the Center for Environmental Studies, the Center for the Study of Biological Complexity, a satellite lab of the Nucleic Acid Research Facility, the Bioinformatics Computational Core Laboratory Suite and the Office of the Vice Provost for Life Sciences.
A grassy courtyard behind the Trani Center and Oliver Hall provides students with a tranquil space amidst the bustling campus.
Department of Chemistry
1001 West Main Street
The Department of Chemistry includes approximately 50 graduate students and 200 undergraduates, and offers programs leading to the Bachelor of Science, Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees.
Inger and Walter Rice Center for Environmental Life Science
Charles City County
Located just 25 minutes from VCU along the scenic James River, the Inger and Walter Rice Center for Environmental Life Sciences is a 342-acre field station dedicated to a broad range of environmental research, teaching and public service.