Primeros Pasos is a one-day program designed to provide Latino high school students and their families with an overview of the college experience and opportunities in higher education. Virginia Commonwealth University students, parents, administrators, faculty and alumni will be available throughout the day to welcome you and share their experiences. Check-in begins at the University Student Commons at 10 a.m. The day’s activities will begin with welcoming remarks at 10:30 a.m.
The day will feature interactive sessions for both students and parents. Activities include:
- Bilingual workshop for parents about financial aid
- Panel discussion with students from VCU’s Latino community
- Demystifying college admissions testing workshop
- Conversations with representatives from the Office of Admissions
- A campus tour and lunch on campus
RSVP online by Sept. 21, 2013, or by contacting Elmer Campos at (804) 828-6017 or email@example.com. If special accommodations are needed due to a disability, please contact the VCU Welcome Center at (804) 827-2000 at least two weeks before the event.
- Call the Office of Admissions at (804) 828-1222 or (800) 841-3638.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View local hotel accommodations.
- Get directions to VCU.
There is no cost for students or parents who participate in Primeros Pasos.
Primeros Pasos is held in collaboration with the VCU Office of Admissions, the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, the Hispanic College Fund – VCU Chapter, Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority Inc., the Latino Student Association, La Unidad Latina, Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity Inc., Muevelo and Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Señoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority Inc.